E L B O W
Elbow: Churching It Up

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Churching It Up

I went to Church for the first time in a LONG time on Sunday. I think it's really interesting cause people can say that they know that this is the one true Church and in my heart I wanted to share my testimony that I knew that the Mormon Church isn't the only true Church but that's a little inappropriate and of course I wouldn't do that but at the same time it was cool cause I'm in a crazy location right now so the people are more than interesting.

I want to be an advocate within the Church. And advocate of change, but I don't know if I'm strong enough in the conviction that there is change worth fighting for in the confines of the organization of the Church.

The gospel is so sweet and the teaching of my Savior are more than enough, but at the same time. Being connected to a body of saints and a spiritual community is something that I'd like to be apart of.

2 Comments:

Blogger One of So Many said...

I'm certainly at the point now where if it's relevant to a lesson, and something that needs to be said, I'd out myself to the elder's quorum.

6:03 AM  
Blogger draco said...

Haha- I've been trying to think of clever ways to get up during a testimony meeting and testify about tolerance for homosexuals or ssa or whatever- but that would mean coming out to my BYU ward in one fell blow. Maybe on the Sunday right before I move out of the ward...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home