E L B O W
Elbow: Love If You Can And Be Loved

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Love If You Can And Be Loved

I just watched the youtube video
God Loveth His Children Pt2: LDS Pamphlet on Homosexuality
in which Clark Pingree (a devout, active and gay member of the LDS church) talks about his struggle in the Chuch as someone who deals with same-sex attraction. I just love when people spend being an advocate for what they believe in, especially when they are seeking to elevate the consciousness of those that are still uncertain as how to approach the subject of love. It's about love. It's that simple. Homosexuality isn't about having an orgasm or participating in something sinful. Being gay and falling in love with someone of your same gender has everything to do with love.

I love these lyrics from Light In The Piazza

"...Can you find in the world
In the wide, wide world
That someone sees
That someone loves you

Love
Love
Love if you can now...
Love if you can
And be loved..."


My heart is so full right now. I'm grateful and humbled by life. I have so much and I want to give so much. My Heavenly Father is great and wonderful and beautiful. He is real and He wants me to be happy. He's placed me on this earth to find joy, not to loose it. He has provided me with amazing amounts of peace and comfort. I look back at my life a year ago and I look at what struggle I was faced with. I had pain and discomfort. I was lost and I felt swollen with pain. But now there is so much I am able to see and cherish and it has nothing to do with sex or lust or carnal pleasure. My life is honest, my life is authentic, my life is full and open to love.

I'm grateful that when I'm ready I will look for love with an open heart and find someone who I can spend the rest of my life with and start a family with and have kids with. I feel whole and complete and I'm living my life with gratitude.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scot said...

I'm glad to read a post from you, Elbow, and glad you're doing good. Here's to love.

7:09 PM  
Blogger CLARK JOHNSEN said...

"You can look in the forest for a secret field for a golden arrow; for a prince to appear; for a fable of love that will last forever. You can look in the ruins for a wishing well for a magic apple for a charioteer for a fable of love that will carry you to a moon on a hill to a hidden stream a lagoon and a red horizon stream silhouette sail away from time forever-- But while you look you are changing, turning. You're a well of wishes your a fallen apple-- NO! NO! Loves' a fake! Love's a fable.. just a painting on a ceiling.. just a children's fairy tale, STILL YOU HAVE TO LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK AND LOOK----- May it last forever."

Here's to the land of naked marble boys.. LOL

8:49 PM  
Blogger Forester said...

Yes, love really does have so much to do with it - with life. Everyone deserves to be loved. True love is the purest form of being. Too many people go through life without ever really feeling loved and not knowing or believing that God loves them. I can't imagine a life devoid of love. If you've seen or read the fifth Harry Potter, this is the major theme. I'm not a big Potter fan, but the fifth movie was well done.

9:43 PM  
Blogger draco said...

Sigh- this post made me smile :)
Love is so beautiful.

You reminded me of the line from Moulin Rouge:
"The greatest thing
you'll ever learn
is just to love
and be loved
in return."

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home