E L B O W
Elbow: Private Parts

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Private Parts

My blog is back to private. I had a really horrible encounter this week contrasted with some pretty amazing experiences with people that I love, respect, honor and worship. Someone asked me today what I wish for and I thought long and hard about it and came up with the answer that I find myself searching for everyday: complete love and acceptance from everyone I come in contact with. And as I write this I realize that I have all the love and acceptance I need; my Heavenly Father's acceptance and unconditional love is enough. It's all I need. It's all I want. It's all I can really ask for. I'm good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Heavenly Father does love you! Unconditionally! He is the only one that truly knows what is going on inside you, what you think and feel, what you know. Don't ever forget that.

Friends and even family may be loving and understanding at one time, and then turn on you, shun you, hurt you, leave you. As much as we need each other's love, it is only God's love that is truly unconditional.

Once we learn that, and try to be unconditionally loving in our relationship like He is to us, will be whole. I'm not there. I fall short. I get angry. I belittle and hurt others. We all do it, intentionally or otherwise.

I'm sorry for your pain, but I'm grateful for your expressions of love. They bring me hope today. Thanks.

8:29 AM  
Blogger John Gustav-Wrathall said...

The moments I have been surest that my Heavenly Parents love me and are proud of me have also sometimes been the moments when everyone around me seemed to be telling me the opposite.

I hope nothing I've ever said has discouraged you in any way.

Hang in there. You are in the sacredest of sacred spaces, right now.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Seth M. Renne said...

Thanks for the reminder that God really is enough!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Loyalist (with defects) said...

even some of us who have disapeared are around and still thinking of you, wishing and wanting only the best for ya.

Here's to ya kid! :-)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Forester said...

Yes, that's it. Love and acceptance from everyone. Why do we want such a thing, especially when we know it's simply not possible to be loved and accepted by everyone. Is it stupidity, or hope?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kengo Biddles said...

Thank you for making it public again.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home