E L B O W
Elbow: Hurt

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hurt

It's almost 5:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. This week has been the worst so far. Getting a divorce sucks. There's nothing more I can say about it. I want to leave out as much information about my wife as possible so I'm not going to say too much. On Sunday I got an email from her that was more than I could handle. The separation of our life together is like tearing off my arm or my rib cage. It feels wrong and it feels so painful that I can't function.

I'm a lost person. I'm struggling to survive at this point. I was planning on traveling and I had a job lined up that was going to provide me with a little bit of stability, but it was postponed. Now I have nothing and it feels scary and empty. I've used up all my psychic energy trying to get through this all, and it's dried up. I have nothing left to survive off of.

And while I am in agony, bleeding and shaky; I am more than blessed at this moment. I have a friend who is giving me more than I could have asked for. When I forget to eat he feeds me. He is nursing me back to health and I'm so thankful. Without him I feel like I would litterally be on the streets. Thanks to him I am able to look ahead, past the pain and through the struggle and I feel like I will one day be ok and I will one day be able to stand.

Time heals all wounds I'm hoping .

2 Comments:

Blogger Abelard Enigma said...

Time heals all wounds I'm hoping

Time may not completely heal all wounds - but it certainly can give them time to scab over so that they are not bleeding us dry.

I wish we were geographically closer - I just want to give you a great big hug right now.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kengo Biddles said...

Speaking from experience, Divorce is a bitch.

And you will feel pangs the rest of your life, if you had any true charity for your ex. I know I do, now and again. But it's moments like those that you understand what you learned from your marriage.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home