E L B O W
Elbow: Dialogue

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dialogue

“I think you’re wonderful,” she said.

“I think you’re wonderful,” responded Elbow

She gazed at his eyes for a good moment and asked, “what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have any answers. Do you?”

“I don’t want any answers” she sighed, “I just want you.”

“I want you too. I just don’t know if being with each other is good.”

She started to cry and covered her eyes with the blanket that was covering both of them.

“I love you,” Elbow said, “I just don’t know what to do with these feelings I have for men.”

“I could never leave you. I love you too much. If you wanted a divorce then you’d have to be the one to leave because I couldn’t do it,” she whispered

“I don’t know if I have the courage to do it either.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Loyalist (with defects) said...

take it one moment at a time, my friend. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

truely my heart goes out to you and your wife.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Distinguishing Preoccupation said...

I love you both. God is watching out for you. At least, I believe that.

9:02 PM  
Blogger gentlefriend said...

To me the primary principle of the Gospel is obedience. Obedience to what? Personal revelation. Do every thing in your power to be worthy, knowing that none of us are perfect. Knowing that if you pray for bread you will not be given a stone (Luke 11:9-13. The general counsel of the Church is to not divorce. You are not the general Church. You are a unique individual in a unique situation. Falible mortals, including Church authorities, around you may give you advice. Listen to them but then turn to the Father. You will find the path which God wants you to take right now. It may be to seek further counseling--not for advice, but to help you work through the emotional turmoil and to hear and respond to each other as a couple. This may not be the path. The Father will guide you. You are not alone. My prayers are also with you, my brother.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home