E L B O W
Elbow: These Last Couple of Weeks

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

These Last Couple of Weeks

I started feeling weak in my legs these past months and I didn’t think anything of it. To be honest I’d been avoiding a lot, and my body fell into that category. After getting off the bus a couple of weeks ago I feel down onto the sidewalk and my legs weren’t responding as I thought they should. I was taken to the emergency room and at the time I was more embarrassed about falling down in front of a bunch of aggressive New Yorkers than I was worried about my body.

Come to find out, worrying about my body has just begun. They did an MRI and the doctor told me that I have a spinal tumor located on the outside lining of my spinal cord.

Since then I’ve been in and out of the hospital and I’ve been in and out of work and in and out of school, and all along I was worried about the decision to end my marriage, and now I’m contemplating what it will be like to never walk again.

They’ve determined that the tumor isn’t cancerous, but my spinal cord is really weak right now and I’m just doing what I can to survive.

I just wanted everyone to know that I’m ok. I really am doing well. I’m having a hard time, but I’m ok.

8 Comments:

Blogger Abelard Enigma said...

You're in my prayers!

1:17 PM  
Blogger -L- said...

Health problems suck. I'm glad to hear that it's not cancer. :-)

6:00 PM  
Blogger gentlefriend said...

You are in my prayers also. I also pray for your doctors, that they will make accurate assessments and conduct proper procedures. The hardest part for an energetic person like yourself is the fact that these things usually take a long time and you have to be patient while your body heals.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Loyalist (with defects) said...

oh, Elbow, that's so scary. Please be well.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

You're always in my prayers, too...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Scot said...

Wow, that’s horrible, Elbow. And worse you’d be hit with this while under such stress already.

Best wishes.

12:11 PM  
Blogger playasinmar said...

Holy crap, Elbow. Whatever you do don't get struck by a meteorite.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wow--that sucks!

Someday we should talk again.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home