E L B O W
Elbow: Awkward Stare Situation

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Awkward Stare Situation

Last night I was walking home from class and I heard some distinctively homosexual male voices. They were walking kind of close behind me (in New York it is somewhat normal to walk close to people on the street) but I got the sense that they were talking loudly for my benefit. I kept walking and looking forward like I wasn’t listening in their conversation, but I secretly was. They weren’t saying anything important, I just felt like they were “queening” to see if I was gay or not? I don’t know.

So the two voices start walking right beside me and I see that they are both attractive, but one of them is really attractive and they both want to make eye contact with me, but I just keep looking forward because, one guy is enough to make my heart race, but two!?!? So they eventually see someone that they know up ahead and they run towards them and all the while I’m thinking “why were they looking at me, what is going on…” and then I look at one of them from the corner of my eye and he’s cuter than I thought. So I kept making eye contact with him and it was really intense. I couldn’t take it. I wanted to talk to him, but he was with his friends and I felt kind of awkward because both he and his buddy were checking me out.

So I just started walking fast and eventually turned a corner and got myself out of that situation. I probably would have talked to him, but the situation was kind of awkward for me, and oh yeah, and I’m Mormon, not to mention married.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abelard Enigma said...

hmmm, can't say that has ever happened to me. I guess there are advantages to being old, fat, and ugly.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kengo Biddles said...

*sigh* ... or young, bald, fat, ugly ... Yeah. NO lookie-lou for me. Well, I guess it's a good thing, in some ways, isn't it, Elbow?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Distinguishing Preoccupation said...

I've been in similar situations before. It is remarkably frightening, thrilling, queezy, and tempting all in one go. But what can you do but run away?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

"...It is remarkably frightening, thrilling, queezy, and tempting all in one go..."

Where can I sign up? :)

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home