E L B O W
Elbow: Livin' Like A Kitty

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Livin' Like A Kitty

I didn’t really do anything today and I’m okay with that. I feel like I’m to the point where I can forgive myself for not squeezing the life out of everyday, and filling in every second with things and tasks and errands. I’m secure with my uneventful life right now. The way I look at it, I’ve been through so much in the past year that I have no problems with taking it easy whenever I feel like it.

I had a conversation with a friend a couple of days ago and he asked me what I had planned for the following day and I said “nothing!” He was a little thrown off with my answer because he’s the kind of guy that has to fill every minute with work and productivity. I’m just not like that and I’m starting to own it and it’s fun.

One thing I did take care of today was starting to fill out my portion of the divorce papers. I’m sure there’s a lot more to do, but the initial paper work that I had to fill out is done and sent off to the attorney. When I first got the papers I felt a little sad and I felt a moment of loss, but getting them sent of today made me feel once again that we are doing the right thing.

And after I sent off the papers I took a little trip over to Petco and watched all the cute kitties live thier lives. Cats are so freakin’ cute! I love watching them just “be.” I guess that’s how I feel when I don’t try to fill my day with useless amounts of busy work, I feel like a cat who is just...being.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Gustav-Wrathall said...

We have two cats. One of our cats died last January, which was really hard. I'd say we've learned a lot about life from living with them.

Life is full of choices where we have to decide not between good and evil, but between lesser goods and greater goods, or between greater evils and lesser evils. Sometimes it's even between equal goods that are just different...

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home