E L B O W
Elbow: The Homeless Always Know

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Homeless Always Know

I was walking home from work today and there was a homeless guy sitting on the steps of an apartment building. The transient was, I'd guess, in his 50's, and he had one really blue eye and the other was almost black. I couldn't tell if there was something wrong with his eye or if that's just the way it was. So as I walked past I was stealing a glimpse to see what his eye was doing, and as I passed him he said: "Hey, you're a cute guy."

Thanks, homeless man with the crazy eyes...wherever you are.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I read much of your blog today, and I wish you the happiness you deserve. Actually, the church is much more compassionate towards gay people than it was 30 years ago, when I was a young man. The rhethoric has toned down quite a bit, and I think the gay rights movement has actually forced the church to show more restraint both in writing and at General Conference.

Best wishes to you!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Latin Stud! said...

Ha.. Coming out day... sounds great! ha jk!

Hope ur having a better weekend!:)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Scot said...

A gay homeless man? I only hope you didn’t give him any money. He’d just spend it all on Gucci loafers and facials.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Or cosmopolitans.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kengo Biddles said...

ROFLMAO, Chris and Scot! Another option to consider, Elbow, is that he's mentally ill and didn't remember what he said to you 5 minutes later. Love the ambiguity of the homeless.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home