E L B O W
Elbow: Gym Time

Monday, July 02, 2007

Gym Time

Today at the gym I had the hardest time getting my card to work correctly. The girl at the front desk was really friendly and tried to help me as much as possible, but after no avail, she just let me workout anyway regardless of the fact that it said I hadn't paid (which was wrong because I paid my membership a little over a week ago).

It's been awhile since I had a steady workout schedule. It feels good to be in a habit of going to the gym and getting my body to a healthier place.

While I was on the treadmill I started thinking about how different my life is from a month and a half ago. I'm completely different in a lot of ways, and my life looks almost unrecognizable. Going through this divorce has taught me so much. I've learned that I need to start trusting myself and allowing the spirit to guide me and to comfort me.

For so long I just shut everything out and couldn't allow myself to feel anything because I was afraid of what the outcome would be. And now that the outcome I dreaded has taken place, I feel relieved that it's over and look back and thank my Heavenly Father for what He has done for me in this past month. The blessings are innumerable and outrageous to think about:
  • I have my best friend back
  • I am starting to feel again
  • I'm learning how to trust myself
  • I'm starting a new life in a new city with new goals
  • I feel healthier than I've ever felt
  • I'm happy
  • I've embraced myself
  • I feel Heavenly Father's love.

I'm glad I have gym time to count my many blessings. Peace of mind and a hot body all for the price of $20 a month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abelard Enigma said...

Peace of mind and a hot body all for the price of $20 a month.

Wow, can I work out at THAT gym too?

I'm so glad you are doing so much better. You are happier now than I think I've ever seen in the few months I've been reading your blog.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

So, like...um... maybe Abe and I should meet at your gym and you can show us how to get a hot bod! :)

Seriously, I'm very happy for you and the peace you are finding. This is a tangible answer to our prayers!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home